City of Bemidji

First City on the Mississippi!


What does my camper need to bring?
Kids in Motion
Campers need to bring a morning snack, lunch, water bottle, sunscreen(with their name on the container), towel, swimsuit and a sweatshirt. We play a lot of games and do lots of  walking so it is a good idea to wear comfortable shoes to camp. You can bring sandals to change into for swim time.
Specialty Camps Half Day
Plan on wearing tennis shoes and bringing a  water bottle with you. 
Exploration Camp
Campers will need to bring a water bottle, sunscreen, towel and swimsuit on given days. Make sure to wear tennis shoes.
Theater Campers
Campers will need to provide their own snack each day and they may need to bring in a few items from home to use as props for their performance. Please wear tennis shoes to camp and bring a water bottle.
Does camp provide lunch?
We do not provide lunch but we do provide a healthy snack for the Kids in Motion, Specialty & Exploration Camps. Theater campers will have to provide their own snack.
How do I pay for camp? Are there scholarships available?
Full payment can be made online at the time of registration or in person. There is also the option of putting down a non refundable deposit for camp with full payment due a week before the schedule camp is to start. Limited number of scholarships are available on a first come first serve basis. To qualify you must be enrolled or reside in the Bemidji School District.
What is your cancellation policy?
All deposits made are non refundable. The Recreation Department reserves the right to cancel classes or activities when an insufficient number of people sign up. All fees will be returned if a course is cancelled due to insufficient enrollment.
There will be a $5.00 per person processing charge for any cancellation of a camp done at least a week before camp is scheduled to start. If you cancel 6 days or less before camp is scheduled to start, we will refunding you 70% of the registration fee which will include a processing fee. Once scheduled camp has started no refunds will be given.
Do you accept campers with special needs?
Any camper who is able to participate in a group setting with a 8:1 supervision ratio is welcome. Campers requiring a 1:1 ratio are also welcome if the special needs counselor is provided by the campers' family, an outside agency or if arrangements are made with the camp to provide said counselor. We want to do what is best for each individual camper and recommend that parents of special needs children call us to discuss whether or not our camp is the best setting for their child.